Monday, December 29, 2008

Day 3

Just got back from the clinic... Had to get an infusion of Platelets as my counts are really low (8 thousand for platelets). Feeling a bit better but still pretty wiped out. It's getting tougher and tougher to eat or drink anything. My throat is starting to constrict but I'm hoping it doesn't get so bad that I'll have to start IV nutrition. I'm getting hyrdration supplies delivered tonight so at least I won't have to worry about forcing water down my throat.

We've got some nice sunny weather here right now which is uplifting! It's super windy though and can see white caps when I look down at the Sound from my deck. Thank God the garbage guys are finally coming today! Since we had the snow storm, the garbage men haven't been around and things are starting to pile up (especially with 3 of us here).

Another weird thing I forgot to mention is my skin is on fire! I guess it's a reaction from the Palfermin infusions but it feels like (and looks like) I fell asleep by the pool in Florida. It's especially painful on my back and face (thank God for pain meds). Hoping this goes away in a couple of days or sooner so I can sleep a little better.

That's pretty much it for now, time to go down for a nap once my Mom's done vacuuming here ;) I've got another 10-12 scary days left where my immune system is at zero. Of course, taking it day by day and hoping for smooth sailing...

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Sounds like everything is moving as it should.........here's to the next week or so passing smoothly while you wait for those counts to rise.

Sounds like the TBI has taken its toll on your skin - did you get any creams to put on??? Wullie found that for a few weeks post-radiotherapy, he was worse than when going through it :0(

Stay strong - here's to 2009!.........Vx