Friday, December 19, 2008

TBI Day 2

What a difference a day makes! I'm feeling much better, thank God! The swelling in my face and neck has gone down and my headache is way better. I talked with the nurse today and she said it's common when people first start TBI to get severe headaches as the brain swells from the radiation. I really didn't think I was going to be able to go through with it until this morning. I don't think I'll have a problem finishing my last 4 sessions now... I've been told to expect severe fatigue and maybe some more nausea, nothing I can't handle.

Nice to be back at my place... The roads over here in West Seattle are still pretty slippery but I'm getting better at knowing which hills I can take and which ones to avoid. It's all about momentum... If I can get a little head of steam before I get to a snowy hill, usually I can make it up. If there's a car ahead of me going slow or if I have to stop and re-start for any reason, forget about it. I probably should look into getting some chains for my tires as it seems like most people have them but hoping the weather gets better and I won't have to worry about it anymore. I guess we're supposed to get some more snow this weekend so hopefully I can get my last 4 TBI sessions in.

By the way, it's pretty funny watching the cyclist's riding around in the snow! There's so many people here who use their bike as their primary transportation... For a lot of them, the snow hasn't slowed them down! That's some serious dedication...

That's all for now. I'm totally exhausted and will be crashing early tonight.

1 comment:

Duane said...

Keep pressing ahead, Chris. It's quite impressive that you're driving after TBI treatments.

Enjoy the holidays, buddy!