Wednesday, December 24, 2008

CYTOXAN!

Well, just laying in the bed again here at the SCCA... Just got done with my Cytoxan infusion. Pretty uneventful thankfully, now I just have to sit here for another 6-7 hours while they hydrate me after I get my Mesna infusion (to prevent kidney/bladder damage).

I have to say, I haven't been this run down in a looonnnggg time but I'm ok with it. I just have to be diligent later on tonight taking my anti nausea drugs as it creeps up on you 7 hours after the infusion.

I really hope this is the knockout punch to my nemesis Hodgkins! I've been fighting this bastard for over a year now and nothing has seemed to work. 4 days of total body irradiation, 8400mg of VP-16 and now Cytoxan (not to mention all the other treatments over the last year), one would hope this does the trick. If it does, I'll consider myself the most blessed and lucky guy on the planet! If it doesn't, I'll just have to tip my cap to the Hodge and say I gave it my best shot...

Here's to it working!!!

4 comments:

Duane said...

Cytoxan is a beast. You'll be ok, but as you've experienced, be aware of the risk for low counts and fatigue.

Anonymous said...

Hodge has no chance against you and your strength now Chris! Hang in there and tough it out. You're doing great and just think about how far you've come! May this be a holiday full of wishes coming true for you!

B

Anonymous said...

Chris you have to keep that fighting attitude,I agree with Brian, You fought this thing with your will and your inner strength too long to let this thing beat you!.(Hodge will not win this war, Chris Carr will!.Have a Merry Christmas And A Happy NEW Year. Love Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda

Veronica said...

You better believe that the Hodge is beaten Chris........it's gone, gone, gone! Here's to a Hodge-free 2009!!

Merry Christmas, Chris - hope those nurses are giving you festive VIP treatment today :0)...........Vx