Tuesday, December 23, 2008

VP-16 Hangover...


Actually, I don't feel all that bad today, thank God! This morning I even had some rare energy which quickly faded after my clinic appts. So far though, no real problems with nausea or mucositis (knock on wood). My biggest thing right now is trying to eat. Because of the Palfermin, I have absolutely zero saliva in my mouth and everything tastes like cardboard. The only foods I can eat have to be moist or liquidy. I tried to eat some crackers last night and it was a joke! My Mom just got back from the grocery though and went hog wild! She bought me all kinds of soups, noodle dishes, treats, you name it...

So, we're getting into the Christmas spirit at my place tonight. I've got icicle lights all along my ceiling and also bought a little Norfolk Pine tree from the Home Depot which I've also strung with lights and some ornaments. Plus, as I've well documented, we've got pleny of snow so it should be a white Christmas :)

Tomorrow's going to be a long day as I've got my final high dose chemo Cytoxan. I've got to be at the clinic at 8 a.m. and will be there till around 8 at night. They have to give me 2 hours of hydration prior to my chemo, then they have to infuse me with a drug called Mesna which protects my kidneys (from the Cytoxan) then the actual Cytoxan itself. I think they saved the nastiest stuff for last... Hopefully I'll be feeling ok to celebrate Christmas eve. My cousin Ken is supposed to be coming in from Chicago (weather permitting) so that should be nice.

So, if I don't update, I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with many blessings!

No comments: