Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jowels!





Hey Everyone,

Counting down till D-Day on Thursday! I took these pics at my favorite park in West Seattle, Lincoln Park. I try and stop there when it's nice to get some exercise on my way home from the clinic. It's been especially nice there as we got some rare snow here a couple of days ago and there's a white blanket over everything... It's also been pretty cold here (25-30) and think I may have gotten a wind burn from walking along the beach. I look pretty funny these days having a shiny bald head, red face and puffy cheeks! The puffy cheeks part is from the Palfermin infusions I've been receiving. It's really working as the inside of my mouth feels really thick and weird. I went to Taco Bell for lunch earlier and the food tastes different... I think my taste buds are buried in new tongue flesh, bizarre...! I think it's going to be worse tomorrow as I have another infusion of this stuff. So for the next few days, I'm going to look like a big bald red chipmunk :-D.

Small price to pay (gladly) for reduced mucositis...

No comments: